Friday, November 17, 2006

Good Eatin

Today was another rather productive day, with all the homework that was due this week getting done in great time. By 3:30, I was done with homework and ready to move on. Actually, I was hungry. I have been considering getting a meal plan from BYU for a while, because I just don't go home enough to eat, and I don't like paying 3 bucks for a burger that won't even close to fill me up. So, with the encouragement of a friend that actually has a meal plan, I went down to the BYU cafeteria and ate with him the other day, as I described in that days blog. Anyway, I looked at what it would cost if I were to get on the meal plan now, and $109.00 would get me one full course buffet meal per day for the rest of the semester, making it about $4.50 per meal. That is a much better deal than trying to eat out at taco bell or burger king, because there is tons of food, and most of it is even healthy fruits, veggies, breads, etc. I went ahead and signed up for the plan, hoping that it is the right decision. If it works out, I will sign up again for one for the winter semester.

After signing up, my friend and I went down and enjoyed a nice meal before heading our separate ways. In my case, I was ready to head home, and to work if there were enough plumbing jobs that they needed me. When I got to my scooter to go though, I found that I had gotten a parking ticket. It said that I was double parked, which technically I was, even though I wasn't blocking the entrance or exit of anyone at all, and I have been parking in the same area for most of the semester and most people do double park there. Anyway, I went straight to the campus parking office, parking in a stall designated for people visiting the police office. I actually had a very pleasant conversation with the gentleman that dealt with my claim. Even though the ticket was only for $10.00, and I was willing to pay it, he was merciful to me and said that it was most likely just an overzealous student officer that had ticketed me, and gave me $5.00 off. I left the office feeling good about the encounter. When I got back to my scooter though, I found another parking ticket! It said that I was not suppose to park my scooter in the stall for people visiting the parking office, because it was a car stall. So I once again grabbed the ticket, and went into the office where the Man that I had spoken to about my previous ticket promptly denounced the second ticket and sent me on my way. This was my first time ever getting a parking ticket, let alone two in one day, so it was eventful for me.

I then checked in at work where they didn't have anything that they needed me to do tonight, though there are probably some jobs for tomorrow. When I got home, Kate wanted to go to town to do some grocery chopping with me, so we loaded into the car, and went to Wall mart. We were able to do our shopping relatively quickly, though the bill was more expensive than I would have liked as we got a few learning toys for Lydia. We then went home, sweet home. We put Lydia to bed, put away the groceries, and then pulled out the cardiovascular training tapes that we have been using, and we both spent an hour doing a pretty good work out. By the time we finished that, it was about 8:30, and we both just wanted to relax, but weren't quite ready for bed. So we sat down and watched Vertical Limit together. In retrospect, we probably should have just gone to bed, as Kate fell asleep half way through it; but I liked the "cuddle time" anyway. that brings us to this point and I can't write much more about what I am doing now, than just that I am writing this, So I guess that's all. Gnite all!

No comments: