Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Prep

Whew, I am tuckered out. The combination of work, school, and trying to spend time with the family and playing has exhausted me. Today was the first day of Thanksgiving break from school. I had intended to spend it mostly with Kate, but that didn't work out too well. I left to go shopping for thanksgiving supplies rather early on this morning, and left Kate and Lydia behind because Lydia was sleeping. Then when I got home, I just got too busy into preparations, that we didn't really get to spend much time just the two of us. I was making 22 layer rainbow jello, and a whole bunch of mini pies. They were both easily done, but time consuming to do. The jello turned out great, I think, but the pies I have yet to determine how good they are. I guess they will get their trial run tomorrow at the Thanksgiving feast at my aunt and uncle Toomey's. Anyway, about half way through making all these things, I got a call from my work saying that they were overrun with plumbing calls, and wondered if I would be able to come in and help out. I did, and ended up spending till 8:00 working, leaving me to finish off the preparations in the evening.
Luckily, I think I got it all done, and Kate, Lydia, and I are all looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with family tomorrow.

No comments: